Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-19-2011, 11:17 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Smile Greeting, all :]

Hello every one!
I have been a minor hobbyist for many years now, but only recently have I really gotten into it (or as far into it as I can while living in a dorm). Right now, I have two pretty, pretty 5 gallon tanks.

I've had this one for about 3 months now. It houses 2 adult male guppies, 2 adolescent female guppies, and one Chinese Algae Eater. I'm not quite sure what the plants are, but they seem to be pleased with the care I've given them :] This one is essentially done, and I really have no plans to add anything to it.

This is a rather new tank, only a few weeks old, and it houses two Black Moor Goldfish, only about 2 inches long each. This also has some live plants in it; two of the same plants as the Guppy tank, plus a moss ball. I'm planning to put in a piece of driftwood in the tank and attaching some java moss to it, with some Rotala rotundifolia behind it, to break the current that the filter creates.

TheShadyBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:36 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
to AA!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but...
The goldfish will both get too big for that tank, and so will the Chinese algae eater. If you don't get rid of it there's a possibility it could be stunted.

"If you're not making mistakes, then you're not doing anything. I'm positive that a doer makes mistakes."
--John Wooden
bruinsbro1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:53 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Send a message via Yahoo to George9
Very nice tanks! I agree about the Chinese algae eater and the goldfish, they get wayy too big for a 5
George9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:19 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome to Aquarium Advice!I agree with the statements above.
[CENTER]Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
Latest aquarium vlog:
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote

black moor, five gallon, guppy, introduction, live plants

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com