Greetings from a new fish-lover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phrozian

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all!
I'm from Australia, and recently received 4 goldfishes as a gift.
Unfortunately, the tank they came in was too small... And then I followed a pet store owner's advice and only bought a 22L tank to cater for the 4 goldfishes (each 4cm length)... now they are all sick!

I never realized I was a pet person until I had these fishes. I've only had them for 6 weeks so far, and I've already grown very fond of them, very attached too.

I certainly hope I can gain more knowledge about fishes on this forum, such that I can be a better owner to my beauties than I am right now...

:n00b:

Welcome to AA! Are you going to keep the goldfishes and get a bigger tank or get rid of the goldfishes and get something more appropriate for that size tank?

Hi hi, thanks for the warm welcomes :)
I sincerely hope I don't have to do either of those.................. But it sounds like I don't have much choice :(
I don't have the money or space at the moment to purchase a larger tank... or at least, one that is large enough to cater for all 4 of them :(
Nor do I want to give any of them up... as they are all so beautiful........
I guess I gotta make up my mind about it soon hey? :(:( *cries*

Phrozian, if you're looking for a bigger tank, cruise craigslist, you might be able to find a deal for your goldies :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Flake,

I'm not sure what craigslist is... Is it an auction site for fish-lovers? I've tried googling it, but came up with nothing relevant. I live in Australia, and I'm afraid most of the pet shops here are more fond of cats and dogs... I've yet to find a reliable aquarium store in Sydney... I will definitely have a hunt around like ebay and what not, thanks a lot for the suggestion :) :) :)

Back
Top Bottom