Greetings from Florida!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nickthapainter

Aquarium Advice Activist
Evening all,

Just a quick intro to say hello.

Have been lurking for about a month now on this site... can't say enough good about it (helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable contributors abound! -- an indispensable site for the avid or even just curious aquarist)

Rather pleased that I found this wonderful resource!

Anyways, here is my story...

Moved to Florida from England a few years back. Love to go snorkeling in the local waters and have fallen in love with the underwater fauna. Would love to attempt to reproduce the beauty of the seas in my own home. Until I found this site, I steadfastly refused to entertain the notion of keeping ocean dwellers in a tank (seemed rather cruel -- I remember friend's aquariums of my youth) -- then I found out about "the new marine aquarium" and the use of live rock. A responsable aquarist can now provide a healthy and humane home for his/her fish.

Will be picking up tank/stand within the next couple of weeks -- 90 gallon tank. I have plenty of questions with regards to equipment and such.

Glad to be here!!!!!

Cheers

nickthapainter

I Would like to say Hello to all here, i sign up not to long ago and i wish to tell you something about myself. Im a marine hobbyist for 50+ years now and yes, there be things i not know for no one could ever know it all. My specialty is Eels, Sharks and rays, but of course. out of all the hobbyists in the world, not even 1% would ever have a suitable size tank (Pond) for sharks as well as stingrays. And honestly, i believe that having a shark forum only convinces a good many beginners as well as novice hobbyists that they can have a shark.
The main thing here is, we take these animals out of their natural surroundings to hold them in a closed in tank which a good many things can go wrong. Im sure that many of you heard that the nutrients in your tank will rise high and that is one the reasons with my twin eel tanks that i do a water change weekly, and yes, it helps much maintaining low to untraceable levels of nitrates.
Now i moved just recently and only my eel tanks were moved in as yet and it looks as that it will be into another few months before my two reef tanks are setup at their new home. So if i can help anyone here keep their eels for a very long time. it would mean a lot to me for those who become successful for the long term of maintain their animals. And i will add that, you will hear that im somewhat of an overkill in my ideas but you must know that i was like many of you here just wetting my knowledge a bit but also in my early years, we had no books or Internet but just the same, im somewhat shock that with all the info available today with books and the net, that yet those mistakes i made in my start are continuing with the young people of today.
And sense that i have all your attention at this moment, i like to wish you all a very best of New Years :D
Buddy ><{{{{">

Back
Top Bottom