Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-27-2004, 07:23 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
Greetings from Florida!

Evening all,

Just a quick intro to say hello.

Have been lurking for about a month now on this site... can't say enough good about it (helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable contributors abound! -- an indispensable site for the avid or even just curious aquarist)

Rather pleased that I found this wonderful resource!

Anyways, here is my story...

Moved to Florida from England a few years back. Love to go snorkeling in the local waters and have fallen in love with the underwater fauna. Would love to attempt to reproduce the beauty of the seas in my own home. Until I found this site, I steadfastly refused to entertain the notion of keeping ocean dwellers in a tank (seemed rather cruel -- I remember friend's aquariums of my youth) -- then I found out about "the new marine aquarium" and the use of live rock. A responsable aquarist can now provide a healthy and humane home for his/her fish.

Will be picking up tank/stand within the next couple of weeks -- 90 gallon tank. I have plenty of questions with regards to equipment and such.

Glad to be here!!!!!

nickthapainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 07:29 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
From one Floridian to another, WELCOME!!!!!!!

150 gal inwall reef tank, DIY everything except the tank and skimmer, MAG-24 return, 3 1200 Maxi-jets, Turboflotor 1000 Skimmer, 100qt Igloo Cooler sump.

Join N. Florida Regional Forum
GrndHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 08:09 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus
Welcome to AA!

Good to have you with us!
Jchillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 08:15 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Welcome!!! Glad to have you here.
quarryshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 07:45 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 02:00 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to Psyhampster Send a message via Yahoo to Psyhampster

http://www.aquarank.com/images/users/1.gif Vote For Us!

20 gal FW
2 Flame Blue Platies, 2 Micky Mouse Platies, 2 Flame Gold Platies, 1 German Blue Ram, 2 Yo-Yo Loaches

30 gal FW

1 Marble Hatchet, 5 Silver Hatchets, 6 Zebra Danios, 2 Dwarf Gouramis, 2 Fancy Guppies, 1 Yo-Yo Loach
Psyhampster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 05:10 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via ICQ to SerLunchbox Send a message via AIM to SerLunchbox Send a message via MSN to SerLunchbox Send a message via Yahoo to SerLunchbox
welcome to AA
Lunchbox ... "i'm a man, but i can change, if i have to, i guess"

Tankless ... for now ... until i find what i really want (and what the wife lets me get!)
SerLunchbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 09:30 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to oscarbreeder
Welcome to AA
Please remember to vote for Aquarium Advice!

oscarbreeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 09:54 AM   #9
I Would like to say Hello to all here, i sign up not to long ago and i wish to tell you something about myself. Im a marine hobbyist for 50+ years now and yes, there be things i not know for no one could ever know it all. My specialty is Eels, Sharks and rays, but of course. out of all the hobbyists in the world, not even 1% would ever have a suitable size tank (Pond) for sharks as well as stingrays. And honestly, i believe that having a shark forum only convinces a good many beginners as well as novice hobbyists that they can have a shark.
The main thing here is, we take these animals out of their natural surroundings to hold them in a closed in tank which a good many things can go wrong. Im sure that many of you heard that the nutrients in your tank will rise high and that is one the reasons with my twin eel tanks that i do a water change weekly, and yes, it helps much maintaining low to untraceable levels of nitrates.
Now i moved just recently and only my eel tanks were moved in as yet and it looks as that it will be into another few months before my two reef tanks are setup at their new home. So if i can help anyone here keep their eels for a very long time. it would mean a lot to me for those who become successful for the long term of maintain their animals. And i will add that, you will hear that im somewhat of an overkill in my ideas but you must know that i was like many of you here just wetting my knowledge a bit but also in my early years, we had no books or Internet but just the same, im somewhat shock that with all the info available today with books and the net, that yet those mistakes i made in my start are continuing with the young people of today.
And sense that i have all your attention at this moment, i like to wish you all a very best of New Years
Buddy ><{{{{">

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com