Hallo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Delicross

Aquarium Advice Newbie
HALLO!!! I'm the Delicross. I'm new here, I joined because I wanted other people to talk too about fish tanks and such. In the area I live there aren't many people with fish tanks that know what they're really talking about, incliding myself since I pulled a newb move with my new fish tank I just got on the 20th of this month.

I've got a 2.5gallon fish tank with a Ryukin goldfish in it that I have fondly named SQUISHY! In my hyperness and group mind set (my friend was getting fish for the first time too so my "OH I WANT ONE TOO" syndrome kicked in) I overlooked a lot of research that I should have done BEFORE getting my fish, pretty blue rocks, fish food and dechlorinizer ma jigger stuff (Stuff that takes chlorine out of the water).

The night after I got my fish I did some research and found out the two of us overlooked a LOT of things. The pet store guy told us our fish should be okay if we clean our tanks once a week but never said anything about nitrates and water PH levels which I'm not sure will change for the better if it comes from the SAME tap water source. Tomorrow however I'm going into town to get some test strips, air pump and a few things to help fix the water if anything is wrong with it. Later I plan on getting some live plants to help with decor and just general oxygen saturation in the water and a light for Squishy.

Hopefully it will help right my wrongs and let Squishy live a long life. I hope to be around a lot longer as well and lurking about learning all that I can to help Squishy and any other fish I hope to get in the future and just make friends in general. ^____^

Peace, Deli.

Back
Top Bottom