Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello Everyone! Need some advice/support

I first want to thank the members of this website. The information is just incredible and has helped me greatly in my new endeavor of having an aquarium. I followed the advice on here and started a fishless tank cycle three weeks ago. I have a 20 gallon tank with a filter, heater, and some artificial plants and decorations. I am hanging in there, however I am frustrated that I have no nitrite activity whatsoever. My ammonia was through the roof (about 8.0) but as of today it is 2.O. I have added Tetra SafeStart to help the cycle get started, but so far I am seeing no results.

I would appreciate any advice on how you think the tank is doing, and also would welcome any suggestions on my future fishies! I am definitely a novice and want a nice peaceful tank and do not want any prolific breeders.

Again, thanks for all the info on this site and I welcome your suggestions/and or/advice. I am using an API Master kit to test the water.

Looking forward to being a part of this community!

mookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:47 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Your cycle probably stalled momentarily due to the high ammonia. Keep plugging away: you'll get there
Cactuspixie is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com