Hello fellow fish lovers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scuba Diver

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well I am an avid scuba diver and fell so much in love with the underwater world I recently decided to get into the aquarium world and bring my love home when I am not fortunate enough to go to them.

I am new to the small aquarium field so I am going through the new tank syndrome and well I am a tad impatient but hey we all love our fish and we have to learn patience right?

Besides my love of the worlds oceans I have been blessed enough to explore some of I also dive in fresh waters and well admire how fish treat people diffrently under water then they do above. I have been greeted face to face fresh water with catfish, perch, bass, crappie, carp and even a water moccasin who thankfully for me was in a good mood on that occasion.

My salt water dives have landed me with visits from enough fish to make this the worlds longest greet so Ill cut to my more exciting ones. I have dove with stingrays, bull sharks, even the dreaded great white has made an appearance. I have been in the waters with the beloved humpback whales in Hawaii. Dolphins too are a treat and so are the sea turtles.

Now as I am in Oklahoma 98 percent of the time we naturally do not have an ocean near by so I do volunteer at a local aquarium as a diver where I am blessed with the amazing ability to get in and scuba dive with over 400 species of some of Gods most beautiful fish and feed these wonderful animals and man its an adventure. We have everything from the amazing puffer and spotted eels all the way down to the pesky but loveable Sergeant Majors. This aquarium is I believe (Not to be quoted as exact) over 65,000 gallons and is just an amazing sight to behold. After all it is the best salt water dive in all of Oklahoma and even when its a blizzard outside I still dive in 80 degree waters ;) I am also one of a small list of dedicated divers who dive this aquarium who love it so much we even get to clean it for the poor fish who unfortunately have no hands to hold the brushes :(

My 2 home aquariums are just more less starters to try my luck at home aquariums and are a 10 gallon and a 40 gallon freshwater. Since they are still cycling (As I understand the initial phase to be) I mainly have more Danios then anything. I dont want any fish to die but figure if I loose the battle its better to loose 1.50 then 20.00.

And unlike my local aquarium I have not yet been bit by a huge Parrot fish ;)

Anyway I am looking forward to hearing from fellow members and share some stories!

welcome to the forum! I'm hopefully going to be scuba certified soon! must be fun!

thank you every one for the warm welcome. I too am looking forward to starting my aquarium adventures at home. Now I just wish the cycle would hurry ;-(

As for scuba diving I do hope you can get certified soon. It is a whole diffrent world diffrent from aquariums or anything you can imagine. Fishies can be happy in an aquarium but they are REALLY happy at home and show it :) Ive been kissed by goat fish in the wild LOL. they I think nibble at the surfaces of the regulator and mask from time to time if you just sit still long enough :)

Anyway Again to every one thank you for the welcome and I hope to read some great stories from every one :)

:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom