Hello from Buckinghamshire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Just dewey

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My name is Dewey, I'm a student studying performing arts and when I was younger my dad used to keep a long 3ft tank. My sister and I used to go to the pet shop with him and choose one fish to put in the tank and I remember maintaining that tank with my da used to be so much that I wanted to have a go on my own.
I've had my aquarium for a month now and have 4 male guppies and 2 peppered corydoras in a 28 litre tank. My guppies have all got different personalities already and the catfish seem quite shy but have plenty of hiding places under plants.
I've had my tank set up for a month now and have planted 3 plants in a sand substrate with a curved pice of random wood I bought from the pet shop and a some Greek looking pillars. My plants are limnophila sessiliphila, pogostemon erectus and hygrophila corymbosa. They seem to be doing alright but the hygrophila seems to be developing weak transparent leaves on most of the leaves. Does anybody have any clues as to what could be the matter? I give the plants some liquid fertiliser rarely but the plants seem to be fine surviving off of poop.
I'm hoping to make a school of maybe 4 glass fin tetra and some more catfish.
I look forward to sharing any knowledge I have and also to learning more about making a perfect tank.
Dewey

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom