Hello from Chicagoland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

monsteridea

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello, my name is Heather, I'm in college majoring in graphic design, graduating next year. Currently own fish, a leopard gecko, and my boyfriend's corgi, who really rather own us ;)

I decided to join a forum to learn more about fish keeping, and this one seemed the most fun. I work at a PetSmart part-time, and recently had the opportunity of getting a bigger tank to move my grandpa's fish to. He's moving out of his apartment and can't take them with him. Was able to practically steal a 38 gal with stand for half of what PetCo offered, manager gave the stand to us for free writing it off as "human error". Luck? Or trying to compete with other store? Either way it worked out for us! I've only personally cared for a 5 gallon tank with a betta and some smaller fish (currently WCMM), so a nearly 40 gallon is a big step up but I'm excited! We'll be taking 5 full grown tiger barbs, some smaller tetras and a small/medium pleco, 11 or 12 fish in total.

I'm going the fishless cycle route, and I'll be posting my log and questions in another part of the forum. Just wanted to post an introduction first ;)

Back
Top Bottom