Hello from newb in Montreal, Canada!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanR

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello everyone :) My name is Dan and I'm from Montreal, Canada and recently picked up a new-to-me aquarium after a 20 year hiatus from keeping fish. My new setup is a 55 Gal freshwater tank that I picked up from someone on Kijiji about 2 weeks ago and so far no issues keeping the tank stable. The tank contained several fish he had already promised to his brother, so I kept 2 Clown Loaches around 6 inches long, 2 Red Tail Black Sharks around 5 inches long, a YoYo Loach and a random single Black Neon that seems to be the least shy of the lot, despite being an inch lol!

Kind of surprised the 2 black sharks seem to be coexisting completely fine and have been paired for 3 or 4 years so far with zero issues.

Tonight I picked up a small quarantine tank as I want to pick up some smaller tank mates for the 55 gal as it's currently all bottom dwellers and eventually I will likely upgrade to a larger tank as the Loaches continue to grow, we'll see. Just set it up in my daughter's room so she'll love that when she comes over this weekend.

Anyhow, I am on forums for all of my hobbies, so of course I had to join an aquarium one as I am sure I will have many questions! OK fine, I signed up because I have a question, but I do love to participate on forums around my other interests such as fishing (go figure) and motorcycles so I'm sure I'll be asking all kinds of questions. Anyhow, that's about it for me, now to go post some questions in the right forums ;)

Here's my tank the day I brought it home and poured all the recovered water back in.

Waiting for a good month to pass before I start changing to my own decorations... the plastic plants are a bit rough lol!

14322650_10155263561689937_7461428051706814837_n.jpg

14238221_10155263561464937_4680518406138842208_n.jpg

14317511_10155263561309937_5195474855855760654_n.jpg

14344210_10155279057704937_4531240832282189439_n.jpg

Take care everyone!
Dan

Welcome to AA! Nice to see a fellow Canadian on here! By any chance (since you live in Montréal) - est-ce que vous parlez le français? Hehe, we're glad to have you here to share your insights and experiences. I guarantee you that you will learn a lot in this forum. Happy fishkeeping!

P.S. Cool tank!!

Welcome to AA! Nice to see a fellow Canadian on here! By any chance (since you live in Montréal) - est-ce que vous parlez le français? Hehe, we're glad to have you here to share your insights and experiences. I guarantee you that you will learn a lot in this forum. Happy fishkeeping!

P.S. Cool tank!!

Thank you for the warm welcome :) Yessir I do in fact parle francais at home with the missus but work in a 95% english workplace.

Can't wait to go through threads and photos as I get more time (I love digging through forums during lunch) and will definitely be learning a ton and probably spending money on goodies :lol:

Thank you for the warm welcome :) Yessir I do in fact parle francais at home with the missus but work in a 95% english workplace.

Can't wait to go through threads and photos as I get more time (I love digging through forums during lunch) and will definitely be learning a ton and probably spending money on goodies :lol:

Very cool! I visited Montréal and Mont Tremblant a few weeks ago and I loved it. Happy fishkeeping!!

Bienvenu sur AA.

But let's keeps this thread English for the sanity of the rest of the forum members. Lol

Very cool! I visited Montréal and Mont Tremblant a few weeks ago and I loved it. Happy fishkeeping!!

Mont Tremblant is gorgeous, especially in the fall when the leaves start turning colors. Love to ride the bike up there in October on the weekend.

Bienvenu sur AA.

But let's keeps this thread English for the sanity of the rest of the forum members. Lol

haha I only speak french when I really need to, and my written french is pathetic because haven't had a real need to use it in over 20 years as every workplace I've worked in was English. So yeah, no risk of a French takeover any time soon lol!

haha I only speak french when I really need to, and my written french is pathetic because haven't had a real need to use it in over 20 years as every workplace I've worked in was English. So yeah, no risk of a French takeover any time soon lol!
I guess it depends where you work at. My workplace used to be essentially English, but customers are French.

Then the rest is English dealing with manufacturers and distributors.

But the place has become French only these years due to changing staffs.

I guess it depends where you work at. My workplace used to be essentially English, but customers are French.

Then the rest is English dealing with manufacturers and distributors.

But the place has become French only these years due to changing staffs.

I tend to work at international technology companies so everything is US/International and not really catering to Quebec business or the population in specific. Also ran my own company for a few years and was the same thing, I focused on US traffic as it's the most valuable in terms of online traffic.

Mont Tremblant is gorgeous, especially in the fall when the leaves start turning colors. Love to ride the bike up there in October on the weekend.

Je suis d'accord ;) It was really nice when I went and I heard it's even more beautiful in the winter. Hope to visit again.

Back
Top Bottom