hello from philadelphia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulweck

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hi everybody, my name is paul im new to the hobby but am very eager to to learn all i can. so to make a long story short i bought off of craigslist a 45 gallon glass bow front tank. it also came with a stand, penguin 350 hob filter, insta ocean protein skimmer 45 pounds of black live sand/gravel and about 15 pounds of live rock. all for $200 bucks

as i write this i am working on the mix for filling my tank. i dont have a reverse osmosis system of om going the tap water rout. so i have added api tap water treatment and a 1/2 cup per gallon of red sea reef crystals. i have 2 30 gallon buckets in my basement filled with the mix also with heaters at 78 degrees and power heads in both.

i have the live rock and sand sitting in the tank with little bit of water from the previous owners setup. i was concerned about the live rock being out of the water for a long period of time so i covered it with a damp piece of paper towel soaked with the tank water i plan on using the LR to seed some more base rock about 20 pounds worth and im also planning on buying about 20 more pounds of live rock from the LFS that is in a tank at the store.

so basically i was looking for some input on my set up and to see if anybody has any good pointers for me and maybe a trick to 2. ive read through alot of the post and it has been very informational and i am looking forward to learning much more.

well thanks everybody for reading this and hope to get to know some of u in the future

thanks
Paulweck

Welcome to AA!! Good luck with your tank...if you have questions, start a thread in the Saltwater forum. I am sure you'll get some good advice!

Back
Top Bottom