Hello, hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rigg

Aquarium Advice Newbie
New here, obviously. Not really new to aquariums, but not a pro either.

A little about my aquarium history:

When I was a kid I had the usual fishbowls with goldfish and was always amused watching them swim around and, well, just be fish. I went for years without having fish, and then won a Betta at a carnival when I was about 17. I kept a little fishbowl with some Lucky Bamboo in it and my little blue Betta for about a year before I graduated and moved away, giving the fish to my roommate. (who had it for about 2 years after that, hardy little fellow, he was.) Again, years went by with no fish. Until I found a 5.5 gallon kit at a thrift store for $5, brand new. I snatched it up and my addiction began. A few Black Skirt Tetra's and some Mollies later, I realized the tank was too small, and got a 10 gallon, which led to a 20 tall... Moving around a lot, I gave the tank and the residents to my mother in law, who still has all but one of the Tetra's. Sadly, the mollies were killed by another fish she had.

Now I'm settled into a new place, and not planning to move again for a long while. I found a 55 gallon and stand at a yard sale about two weeks ago for $25 and couldn't pass it up. So now I'm on a quest to get everything I need to get it running and get back into the hobby. I plan to make it a planted freshwater community tank for smaller fish. I love the activity of schooling fish.

Now that I have bored you for 5 minutes, I'll end this here. Glad to be a part of the community, and I'm sure you kind folks will be a big help when I need it. Starting right after this post more than likely. lol

-Rigg

Welcome to Aquarium Advice Rigg! Please enjoy and have fun! If you ever need any help completing a task on the website, I will be happy to help!

Back
Top Bottom