Hello to All!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Simmo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I am new to forums, the interweb(!), computers and new fangled things! but I've kept tropical fish on and off for 25 years. At present I have a 36"x15"x12" community tank stocked with guppies, platys, sailfin mollies, lyre swordtails, dwarf orange gouramis, glass catfish, an unknown (by me, anyway!) type of 'snail~eating' loach and an albino African dwarf frog. I've had this aquarium set-up for two years now, and apart from the dwarf gouramis not getting on together (I think they're both males) everythings going fine.
I've recently acquired a 30 gallon tank complete with tenant 9" pleco. I am in the process of trying to find a new home for it asap, as it is obviously too big for this size tank and still has a lot more growing to do! When it has gone I would like to stock with Rainbowfish.
Types I am interested in keeping are; Boesmans, Red, Parkinsons (sometimes called Orange) and Spotted. What I need help with is, are these types compatable and how many can I comfortably have without harming or stressing them? I would really appreciate any help and or advice as I am keen to get started!!!

Hi,I have keep australian rainbows before,from what I have heard you can keep multiple species of rainbows but I think it would look better with 1 species.is the tank 36 inches long? They do better in numbers.here is an idea,get the dwarf rainbows.maybe 12 or more and they stay small

Thankyou njvgl12090 for your reply. its actually 39" (1 metre) in size. I was'nt aware of any dwarf varieties, I'll be checking them out very soon!

Back
Top Bottom