Hello To All

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

friendly75

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just wanted to say hello to other aquarium enthusiasts whether that be to the most advanced or a newer person just getting started. I myself used to house a mixed reef tank with fish and live rock. I kept the tank going for 3 years untill a prolonged power outage when I was out of town caused catastrophic failure. It took me a year or two to get over this defeat.

Currently I am cycling a 75 gallon non-planted tank freshwater tank, this tank has a sump with about 5 gallons of bio-balls and a submerged pump with an output of roughly 500 gph, I also have a micron hob filter which currently is running as a mechanial/ biological filter with an output of 250 gph.

I will be needing some help along the way as things with the cycle are progressing a little faster than I was expecting. I will start new threads to discuss these questions. I am a little rusty on many things due to the lapse in time in between tanks and being a starter in a freshwater environment.

I just wanted to thank all of the advisors on this site as I have used there input during my fish-less cycle, top notch guys and gals here.

I am so glad I have been able to catch the bug again, even watching the tank cycle has been fun.

Welcome back!!! That's awful news about the reef, glad you're giving it another chance! What's your stocking plan?

As for a stocking plan, well I have been doing some research would love to do a African or South American chiclids. My first step is to get some nice lights and established plants because I hear they tear many plants apart.

I'm not sure about plants and cichlids? Msi me like to dig, others will eat then I believe . You should post In the cichlid forumn, their are some very knowledgable and friendly members here that will be able to provide much better advice than I..

Yes I am aware that they wreck havoc to certain plant's. I will listen to other responses and post in the chiclid forum.

Back
Top Bottom