Help! Im new and i neeed advice!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jice900

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello y'all. I am new to the hobby and I have a few questions. I really don't want to mess up so I need some advice. To start off, I have a 5 gallon tank. I have two tiger barbs and a Pleco. I have a small filter ( that I hate. I can't tell if it's working!). Ok so my questions. What is cycling? Do I have enough barbs? Is my tank too small? How do I test my water? Please help.

Jice900 said:
Hello y'all. I am new to the hobby and I have a few questions. I really don't want to mess up so I need some advice. To start off, I have a 5 gallon tank. I have two tiger barbs and a Pleco. I have a small filter ( that I hate. I can't tell if it's working!). Ok so my questions. What is cycling? Do I have enough barbs? Is my tank too small? How do I test my water? Please help.

Welcome!
This will answer most of your questions.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/artic...-to-Starting-a-Freshwater-Aquarium/Page1.html
Your tank is too small unfortunately. Tiger barbs need a 20g or more tank and plecos (commons) can reach almost 2 foot long and need 125g tanks.

Back
Top Bottom