Hi, From Lakewood, WA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marthared

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, ya'll (I'm originally from Texas!). Found this great site by googling for "sumo loaches". Just got one today. I gave my hubby a 36 gallon aquarium for Christmas, so we're beginners here. So far, we've had the aquarium set up for a little over a week and a half, have had 1 dead angle fish, and taken back 4 tiger barbs that were being absolute menaces. Today I took the barbs back, and got 1 powder blue gourami, 1 red flame gourami, and 1 sumo loach. So now I have them, plus the other angle fish that we had left. Boy is it a lot more peaceful in there, and the angle fish is in heaven now, instead of hiding behind the rocks all the time.
Anyway, I'm going through the testing of the nitrogen cycle (have the strips), and had the water tested this morning at the aquarium shop (titration method). Slightly elevated ammonia and nitrite, but not bad. I'm a water scientist (hydrogeologist), so I know a little about water chemistry, which helps.
Unfortunately, I found this site! I mean, now I'll be staying up all night reading post after post, after post! That's the way I am... a data freak. I got into riding motorcycles (Harley Heritage) a couple of years ago, and I spent countless hours on some of the motorcycle forums, getting all the info I could. This place looks like the site for me for aquarium info! Looking forward to connecting with some of you..... Take care!

Back
Top Bottom