Hi There

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScubaDuba98

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I'm kinda new with this stuff so I just want some help with my freshwater fish tank. It's not the greatest but I'm not too much into it yet, and by into it I mean I've had this tank for awhile now and just dont know anything. To tell you the truth I'm only twelve and want to get a new tank. I know all of the basics and what not but am not to commited to it yet. But I'm planning on starting to get better at it. I may actually get a new 26 gal. bow front tank. So if you have any tips at all (filters, community fish selection, etc.) anything at this point will help. Thanks - Cameron

Geez, you're 12? You have better grammar and spelling skills than most adults I know.

What kinds of fish do you currently have? And what are you needing help on?

I like the bow-fronts too!

ChelseaLake said:
Geez, you're 12? You have better grammar and spelling skills than most adults I know.

Okay... Well I'm not sure of all the names of the fish but I know have about six cory catfish, some eel thing which eats those pellets you just kinda toss in the tank and I think two swordtails. I hope thats correct and my tank has two decent sized plants as well. Like I said I may he getting a new tank I just have to prove to my dad I can handle it in my own. Any way when I get the new tank it will be more interesting than thus one. Oh yea and I have a bio wheel filter. I think I just really need help on another filter. Because I have to clean the tank a lot more than I'm supposed to.

ChelseaLake said:

Hi, ChelseaLake I was just going to tell you that if you are trying to get to me and I don't reply I'm not ignoring you or anything and I may just not be on the site. I've got hockey in Tues. and Weds. and I'm pretty much open every other day.

Welcome to the forum! there are sooo many nice people here so if you have any questions throw them out there.

How much money do u have in your budget for a filter for that new bowfront?

carey said:
Welcome to the forum! there are sooo many nice people here so if you have any questions throw them out there.

How much money do u have in your budget for a filter for that new bowfront?

Oh at this point I'm still looking for a tank but it will be a 26 gal. I was looking at a tank and stand for only 115 dollars. After that I will still have about 275 dollars and I was looking at a canister filter for maybe under 200 dollars. I still want it to be a good filter that cleans the tank and is good. Any suggestions?

I use aquaclears for the hang on back one and a fluval for my larger one. You should get a filter rated for at least 2 times your actual size. Better to over filtrate than to be caught short.

carey said:
I use aquaclears for the hang on back one and a fluval for my larger one. You should get a filter rated for at least 2 times your actual size. Better to over filtrate than to be caught short.

Thanks I'll try that.

Back
Top Bottom