Hi to all from NW Houston area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starquest

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm brand new to the forums, and not really owning a tank at present. I'm trying to cycle a new 16 g freshwater tank for my daughter, who has an unsightly 10 g freshwater. I have never worked with freshwater fish before, although, for several years in the 90's, I had a couple of marine tanks, one being a 125 g and the other, a 20 gal., but after reading all morning in these forums, I'm not sure how I did that. I don't remember learning all this stuff to run a salt water tank, although I did know about the nitrogen cycle, of course. We have a sand substrate, and artificial plants, at this point, but I didn't know until I found this site why it wasn't cycling after a week.Thanks to Eric O. I now know a little more how to proceed. You should publish that guide to fishless cycling.:thanks:

Welcome Starquest! I'm a born again newbie myself and I too live in Houston but more on the West side. I had a freshwater tank years ago which was a great success but after reading through the forum I'm really not sure I managed it!!This forum is great, everyone here seems to be very knowlegable and will always answers your questions! Good luck with your set up!! :)

Back
Top Bottom