Howdy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greenpillow

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hows it going? I joined because I bought a tank off of Craigslist and im finally ready to start a saltwater tank. :fish2: I am sure I will have a bazillion questions to ask in the future. The fish tank we bough is an over flow but the filter looks a bit out dated to me. :ermm: I think I will need a new set up.

Welcome to AA!! Great place for advice and everything . They have an app which is awesome! How big is your new tank?

Welcome to the forum!

Do you have any pictures of what you got? Might be able to use some it still. :-D

Welcome to AA!! Great place for advice and everything . They have an app which is awesome! How big is your new tank?

The new tank is a 75 gal. I think the sump is a marineland I looks dated though. The new ones are made of clear plastic and this one is white. I was thinking something like the ProFlex Sump and changing the middle into a refugium. I need to get a protine skimmer too. You think I should set it up and get the water cycling with what I have or should I wait till I have everything?

img_1735074_0_3c6e6aa9432983fd156f48ae193fe226.jpg
img_1735074_1_9a7502aa2e99846687dcb27c2b0f759b.jpg
img_1735074_2_1371a15215e31237093564121edb862f.jpg

hey, youre half of the way there, you have a drilled tank and base rock. :) I'd get a sump and a skimmer and then start.

if youre handy you could probably rig something up with what you have if money is too tight to go new. You can also make a sump from another fish tank. How much room do you have underneath? You might be able to fit a 20L or a 29g and then partition it off to whatever compartments you want.

I'd go intake with skimmer section, middle make the refugium and then a bubble baffle and the return pump section.
:)

Back
Top Bottom