In a nutshell......(not to be confused w/the nuthouse, lol)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandi

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi!!
I just found this site quite by accident this morning and after browsing the forums for a few minutes thought I may as well join in as it seems to be a lovely place :wink:
My name is Mandi and both my husband and and I are self-confessed aquari-holics. Together we have been in the hobby about 40 years (I am only 28 but found the fish hobby early on :wink: ) and were space and finances not so constrictive would probably be living in our own little "Sea World", lol.
At the moment we are located in "Kentuckiana" (that little known 51st state of the union, haha) on the Indiana side of the Ohio river. My husband is an active duty Marine, though, so we are actually rather nomadic. He should be retiring in about 4 1/2 more years (hit the 15 year mark last Sept) and at that point we intend to make this our permanent home. We have 2 children Katy (8) and Jake (4) who are growing up fish nuts like we are and also several "fur" babies running about (5 cats, a dog and 2 gerbils).
Our fish friends at the moment are a 75 gallon African cichlid community (that is my husband's tank) and a 46 gallon bowfront that is housing 4 blue rams and 2 cory cats. I just re-claimed the 46 after having allowed it to "temporarily" house a spawn from DH's red zebras....over the weekend I moved some to his tank and the rest went to their new home, freeing it up for ME to actually use again :D . My daughter also has a 10 gallon tank set up as a fiddler crab habitat. There are 4 tanks not set-up at the moment (my husband's current duty leaves me in charge of all household and family chores, including fish-keeping, so we had to leave some to be set up later when I have more time for them). The pride and joy for my DH is the outdoor pond -- it is 150ft long, 50ft wide and 4-10 feet deep.......currently stocked with bass, bluegill and catfish (DH is a fisherman - the pond is catch & release only.....). Oh, and as of last fall there are also 3 ducks calling the pond "home" - Judy, Clyde and Bonnie-Bob (long story, lol).
Over the years we have run the gammet of livebearers and other small tropicals (what DH calls my "girly fish") to oscars, Africans and other more interesting (in DH's opinion :roll: ) fish.
Anyway - better sign off before this becomes a novel. Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I am so glad I found this place...... :D

I am so glad I found this place......

And whe're so glad you found us. Always nice to have other enthusiasts around to make us feel a bit more normal - if that is at all possible. :roll:

Welcome to AA!! :smilecolros:

Back
Top Bottom