Intro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron396

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Found the Android app about a month ago. Have been scanning FW forum on a weekly basis. Just getting settled into new job, new apartment, new town, basically a new life. Starting to design a stand and canopy for my 80 gal planted tank. I had to put my tank into storage for 7 months. Adopted out the fish and was able to give most of the plants away. 3 years of establishment and care gone now getting ready to start over.

Plans are for a base that is slightly oversized with an attached canopy. Some of tank side will be exposed but back will be closed but accessible. Base will have 3 separate areas, one for canister filter,one for electrical and supplies and one for RO unit.
Was planning on a 3D background behind the tank in order to maximize the aquatic landscaping. Have started looking for rock but haven't settled on anything yet.

Welcome to AA, I can't wait to see what you come up with for this build, I myself have just finished my 3d background and would be more than willing to help answer and questions you may have. My thread is 90 gal build/ rebuild in DIY section.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Have read some of the threads concerning building backgrounds. Most seemed to be in tank versus behind. Trying to add more depth to the tank by going behind. Work outdoors with plants this is just a mini landscape in water with a few fish and shrimp.

One advantage with starting over is no need to rush. Taking the necessary time to do it right reduces redos and establishment problems. Hoping that using the RO from the start will reduce the Algae problems that seem to plaque most planted start-ups.

Back
Top Bottom