joined for advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tuley77

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i have 2 tanks up and running 1 29g with my oranda,two fantail and a dojo, all very large fish the fantail are in tempory while i redo the backyard pond/turtle habbitat...then they will go out side where they have more room. the second tank is a 30g hex...and has 5 dannos ,a grommi,and a plecos...the tank has struggled..issue after issue...and i have a new 90 gallon waiting to be set up once the 3 turtles residing in my livingroom for the winter go out to their newley remodled turtle paradise.....so...full house over here. i joined because i really wanted to "master" my hobbie....with each of these pet set ups there has been a huge learning curve that made for sad moments..loss of pet...struggle with getting it right..i really want to set things up so my pets are happy and healthy and i have the "right" equipment in place and am not just throughing money away willy nilly...
so as i am doing my homework i would like to read product reviews and ask about equipment comparisons etc.
i will work one tank/project at a time so as not to over post.
thanks for listning..
tuley

Welcome to the best site around to get the knowledge and the advice you are looking for. It worked wonders for me, my son and our hobby. And don't worry about posting too many times - I'm pretty sure I'm in the top 10 for the most anxiety ridden posts. The people are great and really welcome the chance to help somebody get started. I think they do this so as not to feel like they are alone in spending lots of money - investing hours of manpower - having sleepless nights - and aging themselves prematurely. Look around the forums and post your questions on the ones that seem appropriate. I don't want you to be short changed for your knowledge. This is the welcome site and not every member checks into it - so post your questions where your feel best
Again happy to have you aboard and welcome :p

Welcome to AA! You can feel free to ask as many questions as you want. Browse through the FW section to locate where best to post your questions. If you need any help with site navigation, give a holler, our moderating team will be more than happy to help you find your way around.

Welcome to AA. Sounds like you have your hands or should I say tanks full, You have come to the right place for great advice.

turtles

besides "spoiled" they are a red slider, a texas cooter, and a fast growing yellow belly.....i did not set out to get turtles...it all started with a customer of mine commenting about a turtle her family fished out of the pool about 4 times a day..and led to me with a koi less pond due to a greedy harrion..and before you knew it people were offering up turtles..and i said what the heck whats one more....exspencive lil' you know whats ...lol
so there you go..in all ..with learning curve we only lost one turtle.."earl" he got out and ran away....apperently....not a valid reason to call in to work as i have been told...*smile*..so i have redesigned their area..and am rebuilding now.
thanks for asking.
tuley

wow

thanks everyone ...look forward to talking..and learning more..
tuley

Back
Top Bottom