Jumping back in!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BreMac

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone! My name is Brenda, I am a mother to three young boys, and have decided to carve out fishkeeping as "me time". I worked as a freshwater aquarium manager for a five years at a premier, family owned pet store. It was a privilege to learn with the Preuss family because of their strong ethics in all animal husbandry. When I worked there, I had 14 active tanks ranging in size from 30 to 125 gallons. The best perk about that job was the product testing!!!! But that was ten years ago and I know the science and technology has advanced. I set up a 36 gallon bow front with artificial plants about 3 months ago. Current occupants are a single gold female ram I inherited, 7 neon tetras ( 2, I inherited, and 5 survivors out of 10 that I quarantined and introduced to the tank. I don't generally buy neon's because of their weak constitutions, but the two needed a school) three black phantom tetras and 5 Celebes rainbow fish. I need to add more female black phantoms because the male is a handful and the two females are overwhelmed. I would love to add more fish but I think I'm loaded up.....time to get another tank!! The next step is to upgrade lighting and substrate to move to live plants. I shall be lurking and learning from this great group!

Back
Top Bottom