Just beggining with fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cha

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Having a freahwater tank with to goldfish. I needs some beginners advice.Thanks

Hi & welcome!! What type of goldfish? What size tank? Is it cycled? Some more information & we will be able to further advise. :)

The goldfish are the small $2 ones.Tanks about 40L, not cycled because pump hasent arrived yet. Just want to know what to do when it does and when I get fish to make them survive.Thanks

Do you actually have these fish yet? 40l is only about 10gals- this is too small for even a single goldfish. I would do some searching on here for suggested fish that are appropriate to stock a 10gal tank. If you would like to stock goldies, you will need a much bigger tank. Fancies need atleast 20g for one fish, 10gal for each fish after. Commons/comets/shubunkins are realitically pond fish & really should not be kept in an aquarium unless its very large (50g per fish). They can grow to be up to 18inches. Ill post a link fo strating a fw aquarium. In it are also links to fishless cycling & fish-in cycling. Good luck & please dont hesitate to ask any questions!!! :)

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f15/guide-to-stating-a-freshwater-aquarium-186089.html

Back
Top Bottom