Just saying hi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tag

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone,

I'm new here but I've had a tank for about 2 years. I have visited this site a lot and found answers to my questions, but now I think it's time I joined. We recently moved and had to leave my tank behind. I had a 30 gal but when we moved I temporarily put my remaining fish in a 10 gal. Now we just bought a 65 gal with an external filter. It's really nice.
I used some live bacteria to cycle the tank and my fish appear to be doing well. I was told I could just add the bacteria and put my fish in right away and do everything as normal. I still waited a day to add my fish. Later I went back to the same Lfs and a different guy told me that the tank would still go through a cycling period and that I should wait a month before adding more fish and I should underfeed my fish for that period. Why can't I ever get a straight answer from a Lfs and why do they always talk to me like I'm an idiot? I ask a lot if questions sometimes I even ask the same question more than once to different people. Good thing because I almost always get a different answer. I figured why not ask the questions on a forum, then I can get all the different answers and opinions, but I only have to ask the question once :)

You're tank will probably still go through a cycle so if you have a test kit just monitor you results closely and do water changes when anything is off balance. You did do it correctly using the media from the old tank because that has beneficial bacteria in it and will help with you cycle. Welcome!!

Back
Top Bottom