My first tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thats completely true, i have an 180 litre tank with this stock:
3 swordtails
5 cories
1 Baby peppermint bristlenose catfish
A breeding pair of longfin marble bristlenose
And 5 neon tetras
My tank looks pretty empty still and the only thing i am going to get in a hurry is some more neons. Mind you there is a small clutch of about 80 bristlenose eggs that were laid yesterday and by this time next week half my tank will be full of bristlenose catfish! But they only need 15 litres for like 5 or something and I can have up to 200 babies in there, not that I would let that happen though! The point is if you overstock, the fish will get stressed and die, hide all the time or will just keep on fighting with each other

Corys must be in groups of at least 3-6 they are extremely social beings it also increases your chances of having at least 1 male and female if you ever decide to breed them. its like if u were to have just one person to be social with it gets boring and with the activity you will have from the other fish they wont have the numbers game on their side. so they would feel alone and become unhappy. which that could lead to unwanted stress on them. I recommend doing some thoughtful research on all species u are interested in don't just rush in to a tank. that just leads to dead fish and wasted money that could've been giving you joy

Last edited:
in my tank which I would only replace fish that have died of old age and not add anymore.( except maybe 3 tiger barbs)
40g 1 year old mature tank
8-10 mosquito fish (they last 6 months - 1 year, very hardy, schooling to keep tame)
3 tiger barbs (need groups to stay out of trouble might get 3 more)
4 dojo loaches (also social needing of own kind to keep happy)
3 emerald Cory catfish (social needing of own kind to keep happy)
3 albino Cory catfish (social needing of own kind to keep happy)
3 leopard Cory catfish (social needing of own kind to keep happy)
that is just about 6 more fish then what u plan in a tank 1/4 the size of mine. listen let me give you a hint max 20 maybe more Cor's per 10g that is the only fish that needs less space in your list. I too have a 10g tank I have cycling and wont put fish in till about 3 days less than a month from now. that way everything is right for my 20 Cory fry I have in a separate container floating in the main. I know u want fish so bad but listen not all fish get along well hell even mine don't sometimes. research your fish stick with what you have and add 6 Corys. u can pick 2 of the many kinds they have and maybe 5 shrimp but that is where I would top it at.

Last edited:
Corys must be in groups of at least 3-6 they are extremely social beings

Unfortunately, petco informed me that my 2 albino corys would get along with a spotted cory that I purchased.

My poor spotted guy seems lonely with the others. And now they are all out of spotted corys! I was thinking of getting similar ones like juli corys, but they arent exactly the same.

Hope I don't have to wait long before getting him friends. My tank is at 56% capacity.

yea I would wait till they get spotted ones usually here they get shipments once a week or something like that. not that they can tell the difference but just if you want to breed them if u get a male and female. also it is more appealing if you have groups of 2 for Corys and you can never have to many of the cute little buggers XD.

You are fully stocked with just the danios. Please listen to us and don't make the typical mistakes of severely over stocking. Aq advisor says that you are at 79% stocking so no more fish unless you want 2-3 more danios although tetras maybe better suited to your tank as danios are very active and a 36 liter really isn't enough space for them.

Back
Top Bottom