Nervous Newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bulli

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Well hello there everyone - I guess people join forums because 1, they want to do their best for their fish and 2, they need advice and boy I need it by the fishtank full.

I bought an aquanano 30 on Sunday. I followed instructions meticulously, so I thought. I washed substrate, added start up drops etc and it looked perfect, however, last night, I realized that I had emptied the ceramic noodles from the bag straight into the chamber. ( should not have done this) so fished them out, put them back in the bag. Well this morning, my water has turned cloudy/milky. I have no fish in the tank, was advized by shop to leave it 3/4 days ( was going to buy a couple of fish at the weekend). I have been running the tank at stated temperature, so apart from my misadventure with the noodles...)

Wondering what to do - trawled the net and there are as many different pieces of advice as there are fishes in the sea. Some say that I should not put fish in for at least 2 months, others say that a tank will not "cycle" until fish are added!

So, I really do not know what to think/do...... am hoping that you experts out there will be able to give me some sound advice. Am slightly worried that by fishing out the noodles last night may have introduced bacteria into the tank, as cloudy only happenend after this.

Many many, hopeful thanks.

Back
Top Bottom