New guy in community/20 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gouramiboy9142

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello, everybody. I am new to this community, and just joined today. I have been into this wonderful hobby for the past seven years, and I thoroughly enjoy it.

Recently, I've been thinking of remodeling my 20 gallon aquarium after my Marbled Angelfish sadly passed away. I came up with afew types of fish that I would like to put in it, but I'm afraid that what I have in mind might be a little too much. The list is as follows:

6 Marbled Hatchetfish
5 Cherry Barbs
6 Neon Tetras
A male-female pair of Honey Gouramis
1 Rubber-lip Pleco (to keep the algae at bay)
3 African Dwarf Frogs
And some live plants (I'm thinking Anubias, a Java Fern, and a Banana Plant)

Would this be overdoing it? Please let me know. Thank you very much!
Regards,
Gouramiboy9142

:welcome:

I think you'll get more traction if you post your stocking if you post your question in one of the freshwater threads. FWIW, I would eliminate the marble hatchets (epic jumpers) and increase the numbers of cherry barbs and neons. Also keep in mind that the rubber lip is quite shy and needs hiding places.

Glad you could join us! :)

Hi! I’m also new to the community (see my post for my stocking if you’re interested!)

I also currently have a 20 gallon tank. I stock 4 Cherry Barbs and 12 Neon Tetras out of the fish you have quoted.

I find they’re a beautiful addition with their colour, the only thing i’m finding is my Cherries swim rather irratically and tend the hit the glass, I’m not sure if this is purely because their active behaviour or if they need more room. But other than this they seem to be fine.

It may be worth using an online calculator to see if all of those fish would be overstocked or not.

Back
Top Bottom