New in Georgia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

femmeartist51

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
:rolleyes: Hi I am a new member from north Georgia. We just got our 90 gallon tank cleaned. We use to have fresh water parrot and other fish in it. We just purchased sand, new filter that hangs off the back and bags of salt. We are so new to this salt water keeping that I have been researching a lot. We have the tank up and running and it's almost clear. Salt is in the area the pet store said was ok. I do not trust pet stores, so I don't always listen to them. I came to this forum to check up on things. I know that you have to have the tank up and running. For I was told a week or two before you put in any fish. This idea is ok, but you will not be recycling the tank. You need to have something in there to help the cycling of the tank. I was told throw in fresh shrimp, not cooked, and use 2 of them let the sit to help cycle the tank. Is this correct?? Also I want to put in some fish in a week to also help cycle the tank. I know the PH has to be between 8-8.2 nitrates should be 0 also amonia 0. So any help would be great thanks Lynda:fish2:

Back
Top Bottom