The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

molly100a

Aquarium Advice Freak
:fish2:Hello Fish Friends

I joined yesterday and thought I would sare my tank info. I recently down sized from a 110 gal to a 56 gal and switched from a fluval fx 5 to a eheim 2217. Currently I have 1 angle, 1 gourami, 3 clown loaches, 4 sparkel tetras, 1 para pleco, 1 neon and 1 silver dollar. After much research I added a prefilter sponge to the intake. The tank was set up 1 week ago with both filters running, yesterday in disconnected the fluval and have only the eheim running. I've tested the water, all results are good. I'm thinking of adding fish, any suggestions?

molly100a said:
:fish2:Hello Fish Friends

I joined yesterday and thought I would sare my tank info. I recently down sized from a 110 gal to a 56 gal and switched from a fluval fx 5 to a eheim 2217. Currently I have 1 angle, 1 gourami, 3 clown loaches, 4 sparkel tetras, 1 para pleco, 1 neon and 1 silver dollar. After much research I added a prefilter sponge to the intake. The tank was set up 1 week ago with both filters running, yesterday in disconnected the fluval and have only the eheim running. I've tested the water, all results are good. I'm thinking of adding fish, any suggestions?

Welcome to AA! Is ur tank cycled? Can u provide the reads for ur water parameters? And y did u sponge the intake?

molly100a said:
I read that it is better for the filter, am i wrong

Sponging the intake slows down the water flow and also prevents most debris from entering the filter which then break them down. Sponging it is also means ur filter intake will clog up quite quickly increasing maintenances.

Unless u have fish that likes slow current I don't see the benefits in Sponging the filter.

thank you, i will rmove it. The test results are ammo - 0, kh - 8, gh -180, ph -7, nitrate - 0, nitrite, 0. are these results ok?

molly100a said:
thank you, i will rmove it. The test results are ammo - 0, kh - 8, gh -180, ph -7, nitrate - 0, nitrite, 0. are these results ok?

Yes they are good. :) but weird u don't have nitrate. Do u have any plants and have u recently done any pwc?

i plan on selling it, i used if for about 1 year and hope i can get at least 100.00 for it, what do you think

if ur interested we could calculate the shipping and add it to ur price, let me know, signing off now goin to the fish store..........................

Back
Top Bottom