The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brianwu

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all,

My names Brian. I'm 25 years old and have been an active freshwater fish lover for about a decade. Growing up, I've raised various tetras and cichlids, with my favorite being the albino Oscar cichlid.

I must admit however, that growing up, my knowledge of fish caring was horrible. Water changes were more like "top offs" and I had never heard of cycling. I feel bad for the lack of knowledge I had when I had those fish. Just know my intentions were good!

Anyway, since then, I've successfully established a few tanks and currently have a 29gal with various angelfish and a few South American cichlids. I've learned the in and outs of proper maintenance and water parameters, including the nitrogen cycle.

When recently browsing Petco with my girlfriend, they had their notorious $1/a gallon sale. We picked up a 55gal. About to set it up any day now.

In return the 29gal is coming home with me and I was planning on setting up a small saltwater aquarium, which is the main reason I joined. Lots of questions to come.

-Brian

Hi Brian, welcome to the forum :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

Wow! Wish they had sales like that here in the UK - would cost us about £600 for that size set up :-(

Wow! Wish they had sales like that here in the UK - would cost us about £600 for that size set up :-(

I agree, the prices over here are unbelievable!

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

Back
Top Bottom