The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thupp11

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone! I grew up with a 10 gallon tank and enjoyed it immensely. I now have two sons and decided to share this experience with them. We have a 30 gallon freshwater tank. Let the system cycle for 4 weeks and have introduced some fish; 3 giant danios, 1 Otto, 3 Black skirt tetras, 1 bala shark and 1 stripped Raphael catfish. I understand the bala will become large and plan to add an additional larger tank when the time comes. Will post pictures and may ask questions in the future. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here are a copy pics of the tank setup. Dark picture was my oldest son trying to see the Raphael cat at night

Attachments

• 1470841078702.jpg
    1470841078702.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 1470841093784.jpg
    1470841093784.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 142
Hi, welcome to the forum :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

Thanks Mr tap water and Shellyx. Would like to eventually do something with drift wood and live plants. For now, the fish seem happy and healthy.

Welcome to AA. :) I think that the dark picture creates the illusion of an underwater cave with only a single ray of sunshine to illuminate it. :D Really neat.

Thanks Carriwin, love to take credit for it but that was my 6 yr old boys idea... fairly creative.

Thanks Dela, I told my son that he someone commented on his lighting in the fish tank and he got really excited... Pretty sure I may have created an addict...

...so he set this up...the stripped raphael hides in the small cave to the right.

Attachments

• 1471011278480.jpg
    1471011278480.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 71
He says to let you guys know this is "moonlight" on the cave

Very cool, nicely setup and different for a photo shot. (One on feeding would go nicely in photo of the month contest if interested).

So...been a while...but went from a 30g to a 40g breeder tank. Upgraded my filtration (fluval 306) and have jumped into the wonderful world of live (low tech) plants.

- Anubias b.
- Corkscrew Val.
- Hygrophila kompakt

3 B. Rainbows
3 Black Skirt Tetras
8 Blue Danios
2 kuli loaches
1 BN Pleco
1 Clown Pleco
3 Ghost Shrimp
20190227_201316.jpg

Back