The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SWAMPER

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all new to the forum and getting back into fresh water aquariums, had a 100gal many years ago and now with 10 year old twin girls they kept bugging me for a pet so
We just got and set up a 30gal tank extra tall everything new, so will be doing a lot of reading, set up went well added water (have city water) and treated let run and come
Up to temperature and they we went and got six fish to get the tank started kids lover it and so do I, day after adding fish the tank seems a little cloudy so going to let it run
And do some reading and talk to the owner of the aquarium/fish store and see his recommendations on what to do to help clear it up.

:welcome:

Welcome back to the hobby. :)

That cloudiness is likely a bacterial bloom will probably clear in a few days -- don't let the LFS guy sell you additives you don't need.

You probably already know this, but, since you're doing a fish-in cycle, be sure to monitor ammonia and nitrites in your tank and be ready to do water changes until the beneficial bacteria get established.

going to let it run some and see if it clears up and maybe do a couple 25% water changes , i don't have a test kit any recommendation on one ?

thanks

Thanks I'll look into them
Bug you with another question what's a good online supplier for aquarium/fish supplies

Welcome back! I'm sure you won't regret getting back into the hobby :D
Just to put in my two cents -- I absolutely love the API FW Master Test Kit for parameter readings and I like Big Al's as well as Drs Foster and Smith for online shopping. Happy fishkeeping!

well this is for my kids (lol) thanks for the info

well i just let the tank run and now 3 days later it seems to clear it's self up :)
so guess i did something right

Keep doing the lots of water changes. The cycle that establishes an aquarium takes a month or two depending on environment. If you don't you may have some very upset children if the fish pass on.

Back
Top Bottom