New Member and Filter question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mactec47

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Good morn , did anyone over- do-it for our 1st Summer holiday ? I'm Maze47 . Anxious to jump right in, when using API's General Cure, should all filters be removed ? My 55 gal. tank has a Fluval 50 / Hydro-sponge/ Aquatech 30. Fluval contains foam insert, Bio-max and SeaChem Purigen. AquaTech has standard bio-media, removed carbon filter per directions. Lots of aeration. Thx in advance and enjoy your day !

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morn , did anyone over- do-it for our 1st Summer holiday ? I'm Maze47 . Anxious to jump right in, when using API's General Cure, should all filters be removed ? My 55 gal. tank has a Fluval 50 / Hydro-sponge/ Aquatech 30. Fluval contains foam insert, Bio-max and SeaChem Purigen. AquaTech has standard bio-media, removed carbon filter per directions. Lots of aeration. Thx in advance and enjoy your day !

Hi, welcome.

Do you have a water test kit? The meds can knock the good bacteria around but you need to keep running some filtration as that is where most bacteria live.

In the past I have run one filter and turned the other off for a couple of days. I've tested for ammonia to check the bacteria are still coping.

Back
Top Bottom