Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Originally Posted by reefdiver View Post
If you live in the states you can try craiglist and see what you find. I'm not sure on prices but a 10 kit may run you $20-$30. You could almost find a tank for that price on craigs
This is good advice! Much cheaper and there are a ton of aquariums to choose from in my area at least. It will likely mean some elbow grease to clean it up but to get your 50 gallon it would be a much better deal! Good luck!!

Feawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

You could get a 29-30 gallon which would play the middle of the road. Probably, what everyone has told you, or you've found out yourself, is that if something goes wrong in a small tank it moves quickly. A larger tank will disperse an error better. My son had a 10 gallon and it actually took more work than any of my larger tanks do.

Oh...greetings !!! And good luck.

Your tank cannot be complete without a pleco. It's IMPOSSIBLE.
Scott F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:50 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome to AA!!! Im assuming your doing SW. Like everyone so far has said, things can go very wrong in small tank very fast. Just not enough water for any leeway in water quality. I set up my first SW tank few months ago and I have a 55 g and I wish I had done a bigger one. There are so many beautiful SW fish, and you're only gonna be able to have 2-3 fish in a 10g- That's it. Look up fish on liveaquaria.com and decide which fish you love and what size tank they need, then decide what size tank to go with. Believe me, you're going to see so many beautiful fish that you won't be able to just want 2 or 3. If you get her involved with looking at fish, she'll find several she loves, trust me. Then you'll get your bigger tank!! good luck.

Beengirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com