New member here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ljahlquist13

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Everyone, i have been in the fish hobby for a couple of years and have kept a huge variety of fish. I am currently researching a 125g lake malawi mbuna tank and was wondering about about painting the backside of the tank. The only thing is that the back has a built in blue coloring so i cant put black paper on the back. I found some paint that some people use in small amounts. The paint is krylon fusion and i would let it dry for about a week. Do u guys think that i can paint the inside?

Welcome to the AA family!

If it were me I wouldn't paint the inside of a fish tank, I see things going wrong down the road.

Yes people use Fusion for small parts and stuff but the entire back of a tank? I wouldn't do it if it were me.

Ljahlquist13 said:
Hi Everyone, i have been in the fish hobby for a couple of years and have kept a huge variety of fish. I am currently researching a 125g lake malawi mbuna tank and was wondering about about painting the backside of the tank. The only thing is that the back has a built in blue coloring so i cant put black paper on the back. I found some paint that some people use in small amounts. The paint is krylon fusion and i would let it dry for about a week. Do u guys think that i can paint the inside?

Mbuna tanks are beautiful. Just do some research before you set it up for them. There's lots of people who have mbuna tanks on here that can help with questions or suggestions just post them in the cichlid section.

As for painting the inside of the tank I personally wouldn't like convict said it might be great for now but can cause problems in the future and maybe the near future.
Good luck on this build posing pictures of a new tank build is a must and if you have existing tanks we wanna see um.....

Back
Top Bottom