New member here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

touchofgrey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all, new member here from Raleigh, NC. Got back into aquariums last year after my GSD passed away, needed something to feed and spend money on!

I am currently running a 65gal fw planted setup, but I am in the process of setting up a 180gal fw drilled tank setup. I put my substrate in yesterday (Black Diamond 20/40) and I'm just waiting for the dust to settle. It will be running 2 canisters, 2 Merlin 120 fluidized bed filters (I know, ancient but I found 2 on EBay still in the box, and they are great bio filters). I am looking for some driftwood now. I want to have a fairly heavily-planted tank, but not necessarily a ton of fish. Right now in the 65 I have 2 angels, 2 clown loaches, 3 plecos (1 6", 2 3"), 1 swordtail, 1 boesmani, 1 sailfin molly, 1 oto, 1 siamese algae eater, and 4 small barbs. I probably won't be adding a bunch more fish, but I'm looking for some "unusual" ones to add.

I'm also thinking of building one of those DIY backgrounds with the styrofoam and cement; I'd have to drain the tank but now is the time to do it before I try and cycle it and start adding everything. We'll see.

I look forward to being a member here! Thank you.

Kelly Wade

Back
Top Bottom