New Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrelkins1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone. New member from Central Texas area. Purchased a reef tank recently that was already running, but had been neglected. In the process of building it into a nice unit. It currently has 50% rock. Five fish including a Anemone fish and a Sea Anemone. Added a protein skimmer/refurium to it. It had none. Canister filter. Starting to look good. Still has micro bubbles yet from the new skimmer. But getting better. Will be adding live rock and corals to it over time.

welcometoaa.gif

Thanks guys. You make one feel welcome. I have been keeping freshwater fish on and off for years. But salt? REEF? Good Hawk. I don't know enough yet to ask a reasonable question. LOL. But I will get there.

Welcome we're sure you'll get there. Sometimes is good to browse the forum in your spare time before you have questions and learn from other people who are doing the same thing as you. And, we all make the same mistakes so browsing can limit your errors answering questions before you know it.

Thanks Charlotte. Good advice. Tank is coming along. Added my first coral yesterday. Now when friends come by they head to the tank first. The Maroon Clown is clearly the "BOSS" of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom