New to the board

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gloomisboy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all,

Found you guys by accident after researching saltwater aquariums. I currently just set up a 46 gallon bow front. i have 80 lbs of live sand / agronite (fiji pink) / 50 lbs of live rock just put in 36 hours ago. i have two koralia evolutions, a 200w stealth heater, and a h.o.t magnum 250 running my mechanical filtration for now. Will be getting a aquac remora pro to skim my aquarium just waitng for my rock to finish curing and my tank to cycle. will be attending the APEX aquarium and pond expo in august here in los angeles (pomona fairplex) to see if i counld score a deal on a skimmer and uv sterilizer.

Want to say that I appreciate all the info in this site and will be taking advatage of all the expertize from the members here.

Welcome to AA!
You should start a thread with some pictures of your tank. We always love pictures.

Welcome to AA! :)

Congrats on having the single most important thing that most of us lack when we start out.... patience. With that, your tanks will flourish!

thanks for the welcome...

I will start a thread soon ....with pics..since i enjoy them aswell...

As for having patience...my tank sat empty for two weeks waitng for the wife to decide where to put it...then it sat another two weeks with only 80 lbs of live sand due to the rocks not coming in when they were suppose to. but i'll get there eventually. just have to keep the wife from asking "when are you going to put fish in the aquarium?" :censor::censor::censor:

Haha, been there. My girlfriend is a pest about it.
But soon it will progress to her thinking there is enough and you'll be sneaking in more stuff :p

Luckily my wife got me into SW and is at least as bad as I am. :D

My wife caught the bug too. When I had a 56 gallon planted freshwater, she used to accompany me to the LFS. She decieded she wanted to start a nano reef. We did, but it fried from a short.

Now, I have the 150 reef, and she is just as into it as I am.

Welcome to the board.

welcometoaa.gif

Back
Top Bottom