Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-06-2013, 05:33 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
New to the Knowledgeable fish keeper club

I'm in a hurry, and can't do an appropriate greeting because I have LOTS of questions. I wasn't sure if I should post them here so I figured I'd just say a quick hi and then run off to more appropriate places. I'll come back and edit my info and add my forum questions here I guess?

So here's an overview. My parents let me pick whatever fish I wanted in my tanks growing up. I knew some stuff but never really "Looked into it" and just kind of did my own thing. That worked off and on for over 20 years whenever I wanted a fish tank I'd just throw one together and load er up, restocking as needed until I tired of it.

This time I actually decided I wanted a NICE tank with some "exotic" to me fish so wanted to read up on how to care for them. JEEZ... no wonder I had some issues before. *sigh* There's just too much in this life I want to do sometimes to spend the time doing them all the right way that it can be frustrating when I find out what I thought I knew was all wrong. So I'm trying to rectify my lack of knowledge and start from the very beginning and do things right. I'm still gonna go ahead and take the therapist cop out and say it's my parent's fault though!!!

Anyway I posted some info on my page about my tanks and projects... but I'll hopefully be posting more. I never even know what I'm going to do. I'm a little oddball at times.

Byky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Welcome to AA! Glad you joined us here.

I commend you for doing your research this time around and trying to get all your ducks in a row, so to speak.

I think you got it, post your specific questions in the appropriate forum and you'll get all the responses you need!

meegosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome to the forum! I'll keep my eyes open for your threads!!

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Thanks for the welcomes

I posted my life story and then some here:
Ph balance issues in kinda fishless cycle (and more...)

There are questions throughout but if you stick to the stuff in bold, you should be able to dig through okay LOL
Byky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome to the forum! Enjoy!
[CENTER]Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
Latest aquarium vlog:
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:15 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
:Welcome: to AA! We hope ya enjoy

Andrew McFadden is offline   Reply With Quote

fish, led

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com