New to this.... And a question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookeb12

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone! I'm new to keeping fish and am trying to do this responsibly. I've had my tank (45g long) set up about 3 months- fish in it for just a month. I inched in the inhabitants as instructed by my LFS , and everyone is thriving. However, the last addition is a spotted rubber lip pleco. My tank has no algae (visible) yet, so I'm worried he doesn't have enough. I'm feeding flakes and spirulina sinking pellets.... Is he getting enough with the spirulina alone until I get some algae growth???
Thanks for the help!
Brooke

If you have any doubts, you can give him some fresh zucchini or blanched, de-shelled peas. Plecos love em! Welcome to the forum!

You can get algae wafers to provide a steady diet, and that supplemented with what you're already feeding it. I had a sailfin leopard pleco, and every time I would drop a wafer in she would zero in on it and devour it. It might take a while before it realizes its delicious, but eventually it'll gobble it up!!! Zucchini and cucumbers, as well as other greens are great supplements. :) plecos are amazing, good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom