New user here, looking for advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gazzak

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All,

Really didn't know where to post this so please feel free to move it if necessary.

I will have a spare place in the house in a couple of months for an aquarium. The space I have is an alcove, so hemmed in on 3 sides. The width available is just over 1 meter, (so just under 40 inches), the depth will be about 12 inches. Height is no issue, will probably buy a cabinet with tank to put pumps and filters into.

I've kept coldwater fish before and enjoyed the tank maintenance, so feel that this time it's going to be a warm water or possibly saltwater tank. I currently have no equipment, pending what is recommended here.

So my question is, considering the space I have available, and the limited experience, what would you recommend I go for? This is the hobby I need according to my wife :rolleyes:.

Welcome!! You def. have a wide range of options. I'm partial to freshwater mainly because I would screw up a saltwater. With the demensions you've given (I'm assuming 12 deep is width of your space) it looks like a 20 gal long could fit, I'm not familiar with the demensions of some of the 29 gal tanks that would be a little larger. It is rare where I'm from to find a 30 long but it shares the same footprint as the 20 just taller. You also have to remember filter space in the back of the tank unless you opt for a sump but then you need to put that somewhere. You also should do a little hw on the fish you want and you can try to check ur options from there. Good luck with it.

welcome to AA i like my fresh water lot's you can do with fresh . im partial to my cichild's

Back
Top Bottom