The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reghorse

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone. I,m new to the forum and to fishkeeping. Have just bought my first tank:- A Fish R Fun 100litre complete set up and am very pleased with it. Please don't shout. i have now learnt my lesson and am studying as much as possible but i set the tank up added Bio Back, waited 5 days and added a small Fancy goldfish and two zebra danios and lots of water changes. I think its called fish and cycle and not recommended. But tests show water quality ok. And as i have said i won't make the same mistake again. Two weeks after set up the fish are lively and eating well so fingers crossed. Any help from you guys would really be appreciated.

Reghorse.:( :ermm: :flowers:

There are more articles in the freshwater section : getting started under the stickies. If you need help just ask. We are here to help

There are more articles in the freshwater section : getting started under the stickies. If you need help just ask. We are here to help

Thanks boadams87, there truly is a wealth of information here.:thanks:
Thre is one small point here. I have read that fish are fed greens occasionally ie the odd pea minus the skin. I tried it and they love it. How about those tiny heads on broccoli? I tried just a couple of the tiny bits and they seemed to like em!

Reghorse.

reghorse said:
Thanks boadams87, there truly is a wealth of information here.:thanks:
Thre is one small point here. I have read that fish are fed greens occasionally ie the odd pea minus the skin. I tried it and they love it. How about those tiny heads on broccoli? I tried just a couple of the tiny bits and they seemed to like em!

Reghorse.

Goldfish LOVE green vege. Broccoli are my guys favorite. Lightly blanch it to make it softer and easier to eat. I word of warning though. Your Goldie may eat your dainos once he gets big enough. What type of goldfish is he?

Goldfish LOVE green vege. Broccoli are my guys favorite. Lightly blanch it to make it softer and easier to eat. I word of warning though. Your Goldie may eat your dainos once he gets big enough. What type of goldfish is he?

Thanks Mumma.of.two. Green peas AND broccoli? They are eating better than i am.
He/she is a little Fancy Calico about 2 and a bit inches body. very attractive and peaceful. I fact the little Pearl Danio about 1.25" is chasing and nipping anything he can catch mostly the little fancy, although he is too small to cause damage. he's only just started to do it. If he keeps it up i will have to take him out. Erm i keep saying him but it could be a female, its quite fat.
Reg :dance:

reghorse said:
Thanks Mumma.of.two. Green peas AND broccoli? They are eating better than i am.
He/she is a little Fancy Calico about 2 and a bit inches body. very attractive and peaceful. I fact the little Pearl Danio about 1.25" is chasing and nipping anything he can catch mostly the little fancy, although he is too small to cause damage. he's only just started to do it. If he keeps it up i will have to take him out. Erm i keep saying him but it could be a female, its quite fat.
Reg :dance:

Yep! Peas, broccoli, spinach, zucchini, asparagus, etc. Basically any vege that's not high in starch like potatoes.
That's good he/she's a fancy. :) The rule of stocking for fancies is 20g/80L for the first fish and 10g/40L for each on after that. So your tank is great for your guy!

Back
Top Bottom