Newbie!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeborahAnne

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi I'm Deborah, from Sydney Australia just in the process of setting up a new 130 litre tank, aqua one 620T, I had a 4 foot goldfish tank many years ago and this time I'm going tropical :) I'm a bit rusty and am sure I'll need some advice soon!

Nice to be here :)

Welcome to AA!

I've found that fancy goldfish are far more time consuming to care for than most tropicals. If you're confused or have any questions feel free to post in the getting started section :)

Hi Newbie - 7 Fishers here. I'm new to the site my self. I have a 55 gallon tank and for two years have been trying to decide my path. Well it was decided for me by a Blood Red Cichlids. I was told they couldn't be mixed with community fish but nothing goes the way it's supposed to in this house lol. I have three north American Cichlids, 3 Powder Blue Gouramies, 1 red tailed shark, about 7 small schooling fish, 2 of the coolest shaped jaguar spotted guys (about 1"), the strangest looking catfish with beautiful stripped flowing fins, and this black and yellow striped long skinny algae eater who doesn't seem to know he can stop cleaning for a break. Oddly, everyone seems to rock around during the night except the three Cichlids and when the sun goes down they disappear and the Cichlids come out to play. So....there it is. My water was out of wack for three days and I had lost two fish. Thanks to the advice of a few experts everyone is breathing happily. I've rambled... Welcome!

Question to all... With such a bizarre assortment of guys how would I properly arrange/plant my tank so everyone feels at home????

Thanks seven fishies it all sounds lovely and they all get on? I guess it's try and see in some respects, they seem to all have different temperaments so you never know! I'm still learning the lingo and the fish breeds and THE REST!

:) cheers from Aus land

Welcome! We are hear to help with any questions both you have. Have you thought about any specific fish you'd like to add?

Welcome! We are hear to help with any questions both you have. Have you thought about any specific fish you'd like to add?

Hi PockX,

I have just put in two tetras! Fish shop said I should, so far so good, all levels are ok right now.

I was thinking Angels, as i think their gorgeous, but upon reading lots I'm reconsidering and thinking maybe gourami's dawf kind, and what ever goes happily with them :)

Thanks for welcome

Thanks seven fishies it all sounds lovely and they all get on? I guess it's try and see in some respects, they seem to all have different temperaments so you never know! I'm still learning the lingo and the fish breeds and THE REST!

:) cheers from Aus land

Hi DeborahAnne,
Well maybe I spoke to soon. It seems what's actually happening is my blue dwarf Gouramies have the day as bosses of the tank and the Chilids lay low in hiding all day. When night falls they switch. It's pretty hysterically. You're right about the temperaments....no aquarium store believes me so I videoed them.

Lo and behold they were shocked and stopped looking at me like I was nuts. I wish u the best with your tank. I have found mine is so quietly therapeutic. I wish I could do a floor to ceiling tank:lol:

Beth

Back
Top Bottom