newbie from near nashville tn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lorihallfrisch

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am wanting to get back into being an aquarium owner,,,it's been about 25 years since i had one.
I am just now searching for a used aquarium and gadgets for a fresh water set up. if anyone has any advice or knows where to find stuff please let me know. i will be researching this forum as i am pretty clue less. Thanks for being here. lori

Welcome! I'm from near Nashville myself. There are some pretty good deals on Craigslist in Nashville, although you need to make sure it really is a good deal (sometimes items are ridiculously priced), and you'll want to clean any items really well before setting them up.

Have you discovered Aquatic Critter on Nolensville Road in Nashville? I think they're the best local source for fish and plants, even if they are a little pricey. Most of the advice they give you is good, too, although I usually come back and double-check it with the information on this forum. They also have a website that tells you which fish and plants they get in every week ("new arrivals"). Aquatic Critter

You'll enjoy this forum--lots of nice people and helpful information here. I spent a couple of months thinking/planning/scheming :eek:) about my tank before I set it up, and that's where this forum was really helpful. I think planning is 75% of the fun!

Again, welcome!

Hey thanks for the info. i am about 45 miles north of nashville. been looking in CL nashville, and bowling green. Problem is i started looking for a tiny gold fish tank..and have now decided I want a big one for angel fish. I will keep aquatic critters in mind. If you hear of anything please keep me in mind. thanks for your welcome lori

Back
Top Bottom