Newbie from NZ - Inherited an unhealthy tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rollux

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All
New to fish and aquariums, but have inherited a 150L tank and setup with some fish (silver dollar, 2 tiger barbs and a bristlenose) that seem to be sick - all very sluggish, hardly move at all.
Pretty dull setup
https://cid-3b6f8f298818570b.photos.live.com/self.aspx/New album/10062011085.jpg

Ammonia continually increases (doing PWC every 2nd day to keep ammonia below 1ppm!), no nitrites or trates

Thinking will pull the fish out and start a fresh with some easy plants and a few more fish after getting the tank cycled.
Any pointers welcome!

Good idea. To rehome Ur fish to an established tank until Ur tank is cycled ;)

I think with fish. U have to keep Ur ammonia below .25ppm or else it's harmful to them.

I'd make water changes more frequent until you get the fish re-homed :) then I'd get myself some janitorial grade ammonia to help you with the cycle :) and a liquid test kit...most prefer the API freshwater master test kit :) and a very warm welcome to you, by the way!!

I only say everyday because you are getting readings of 1 on ammonia...but there are links on "fish in cycling" I just don't have them available

Back
Top Bottom