Newbie with a question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

THeCheat

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi folks. :wave: I am just getting in to salt water aquariums, and I'm positive that this website will be of unbelievable value to me.

Here's my first question, and it's a stupid one. :)

What size is my aquarium? It measures 18" x 48" and it's 23" high.

I believe it's either a 60 or 75 gallon tank. Is there a formula I can use to figure it out?

Anyway, thanks in advance, and I can't wait to start surfing the community.

Wow, thanks Fishboy! I ran the calculator, and it said I have 86 gallon capacity, but I think they're adding in water filled to the very top of the tank or something. I believe you are accurate with the 75 gallons. Thanks for the pointer.

HMMM....

A 72 gal bow front is 48x18x22 a 75gal is 48x18x20 and a 90gal is 48x18x24.

Those are interesting tank dementions.

Hey, thanks for the welcome, OB. :) It's not a curved front, or anything. I guess I just have a weird dimensioned tank. I'll try and post a picture of it here with the new stand I bought yesterday.

EDIT: I just realized there's a 250k size limit on pictures. Looks like I'll never be able to upload any pics. :( Bummer.

Okay, I dug up my super old MEGA-crappy digital camera. It's the only one that can take pictures less than 400k in size. (And I don't own Photoshop) :(

Anyway, sorry for the crappy quality, but I guess you get the idea. :)

What the heck is going on? How come I go to upload pics...it works, but then when I click View My Gallery it says I've got no pics. ?????

Hmmm... I was having problems, but I guess it just takes a while for your image "Pending Approval"

Here's the pic.

7047tankstand.JPG

Thanks, guys. Glad you guys like it. I can't wait to start filling it up. Thanks for the great site. I'll be utilizing the information here daily. Peace.

Back
Top Bottom