Sea Ice Chamber

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HoW

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am a scientist, in the early planning stages of building a tank (~6 m3) to grow sea ice. There are loads of possible experiments, eventually with very small organisms (algae, bacteria).

I realise this is unusual for an aquarium forum but any advice on materials and reliable equipment would be greatly appreciated! Simulating waves, wind and sunlight are all important, as is the choice of material for the tank (glass or acrylic).

Sounds awesome! For wave replication you will need large powerheads, I recommend hydor koralia. You will also need a chiller to get the temp down to where you want it. Also I would recommend thick acrylic as your tank material as it will insulate cold better. For replication of natural sunlight BuildmyLed.com would be a good place to start and customize your spectrum and intensity or pick one of the preset ones if they meet you needs. Sounds like a great project your working on and I hope its successful. Hope this helps :thanks:

Reactions: HoW
When replicating waves is it best to use multiple pumps, or does one normally cut it for a large tank?

Back
Top Bottom