Setting up a 125

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bar

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,
I am new here and have been reading a lot of your posts. It's been very helpful.
So I got a used 125 gallon tank recently: 5 feet by two feet high by 18 inches back to front.
It came with a chiller (not a terribly efficient one), a hood and stand made of oak, lights fans and some "live" rock, which I had to really rehabilitate. I had an aquarium guy (he is now known to us as the "fish guy") move it and set it up for me. The first thing he had me do was replace the protein skimmer with a much better one, and to get rid of the bio balls and move a lot of the live rock into the wet/dry.
We also ordered 50 pounds of vanuatu live rock, and he cured it for me.
He had me set it up with ten hermit crabs (blue leg, I believe), and thirty snails (including turbo snails and some others, I don't remember the names of at the moment). We also put in four blue green chromis (one of which jumped ship last week, never to be seen again).
So far everything is going pretty well for the past month. I am ready to decide if this is going to be a FOWLR tank or a reef tank. I will post in the "getting started forum on that"
Anyway, I am so happy to be finally starting a marine aquarium!

BAR

Welcome to AA! Browse our SW sections to get tons of info. You can also post pictures of the set up as you go along. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom