starting up again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nurseashley

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
well it has been about 3 years since I have had my aquarium up and running due to moving a few times, I finished nursing school and started working, my husband went to the police academy, and we had two kids, so I took my aquarium down 3 years ago and just haven't had the time or extra funds available to get it back up... until now! I used to come to aquarium advice back then but i forgot what my screen name and email used to be.. so here I am again!

So a little about my aquarium keeping experience... I had a few 'fish bowls' when i was a kid and i got my first 'real' aquarium when I was 12 years old, a little 12 gallon tank and I used to keep one or two small fish in over the years... although at the time i had no idea what i was doing. when i graduated high school and got my own place i was so excited to set up a 'big tank' and I had it up and running as a community aquarium for a couple of years, i even tried cichlids for a little while. So i have my empty 55 gallon and I am looking around online to try to find the best places to order stuff, i need a new hood, lighting, and filter. I want to start this one up as a community tank and eventually buy a second aquarium. I know that I am going to use sand instead of gravel and I was considering live plants but i know i have to spend money to do the right lighting so i think this one is going to be low maintenence, fake plants only. when i get a second plant maybe I will try the live plants then.

Welcome to AA!! Welcome back to the hobby!!

There are a ton of places online to buy aquarium supplies. Check on eBay as well as Craigslist in your area.

I love craigslist but i hate going to pick things up... i have found a few promising websites though and am getting ready to order my stuff!

Back
Top Bottom