The newest noob in the bunch!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Covey68

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm a recent fish enthusiast and constantly ask myself, "What took me so long???". I have two 10 gal tanks, one with tetras and the other with guppies and platys, and a 6.5 gal tank with a serial killer goldfish, a koi and a pleco. I am not the most patient person in the world, and I went through several sacrificial fish during the first three weeks while my tanks were getting established. But things have stabilized and all three tanks are thriving and filled with happy fish . I'm looking forward to having my many questions answered and meeting fellow fish peeps! :fish2: :fish1: :fish2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon borara merah and brigittae, shrimp and snails

Welcome !

You may want to consider getting a sturdy bin or pond for your Goldfish, Koi and Pleco since all 3 types need very large tanks.

For now ?
Cheap indoor ponds can be made from a sturdy plastic bin or water trough. You can buy or DIY a large filter. YouTube has a ton of DIY pond vids. You can make a filter with a new/clean 5g bucket.

A single Common GF prob needs 30-40g to grow and stay healthy. They can hit 8-12" and live over 20yrs with good care.

Koi hit 18-24" do best in ponds and can live 50-100yrs with good care.

Common Plecos hit 12" and need 125g tanks or bigger to thrive. They can live 25 yrs.

https://youtu.be/umUOh5eXu3s

Here is one example

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahoy matey!! Welcome aboard the SS aa!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom